Graduate Certification in Web Services, 2011
Webster University, Webster Grove, Missouri
Master of Library and Information Science, 2003
Dominican University, River Forest, Illinois
Bachelor of Arts, Double Major: Political Science & History, 2001
Western Illinois University, Macomb, Illinois
EAST SAINT LOUIS COMMUNITY COLLEGE CENTER—
EAST ST. LOUIS, IL
Library Director—August 2010-Present
- Lead a library that serves three community colleges, a charter high school, a university, a head start program, an upward bound program, the residents of East Saint Louis, and numerous other community programs.
- Manage a 22,000 item collection and a staff of 2 full-time employees and 1 part-time assistant; develop/enforce all personnel/procedure policies.
- Responsible for library fiscals: An $18,000 budget, the procurement of materials and equipment, the tracking of expenditures, and negotiating and entering into library contracts with vendors and suppliers.
- Perform reference, collection development, information literacy, circulation, ILL, cataloging, programming,outreach and advocacy duties.
MCKENDREE UNIVERSITY, HOLMAN LIBRARY—LEBANON, IL
Adjunct Professor—January 2009-May 2010
Information Literacy Course
- Develop curriculum for biology and sports medicine information literacy courses.
- Work in conjunction with the instructors of major required writing/research intensive courses to ensure the knowledge and skills that students need to be successful in those courses.
- Instruct students in the use of research tools: electronic databases, OPAC’s, Library of Congress Classification and subject headings, special collections, reference materials, Open Access resources, web-based resources, and more.
Technology in the Classroom Course
- Develop curriculum for classes on the use of technology in teaching and learning (education majors).
- Teach content management systems: CAT1, Blackboard, and LiveText.
- Explore the uses of technology in teaching using: Kidspiration/Inspiration, screencasting, website development, blogs, and Microsoft office applications.
R.R. BOWKER PUBLISHING—NEW PROVDINCE, NJ
Training and Information Specialist—March 2006-December 2008
- Managed the training of 4,000 academic, public, corporate, government, and specialty libraries and institutions across the United States and Canada.
- Enhanced end users’ understanding of Bowker’s academic software through the use of group lectures, one-on-one training, and user-friendly training material.
- Responsible for a 93% user retention rate as a result of curriculum and training.
- Taught over 740 on-site classes to over 8,000 faculty, staff, students, patrons and librarians.
- Mastered and used teaching courseware: Webex, MeetingPlace, and GoToMeeting software.
- Responsible for U.S. and international training, trained a diverse population from Europe, Africa, South America, Australia, and other countries.
- Taught over 360 distance learning classes to over 1000 faculty, staff, students, patrons and librarians.
NILES PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT—NILES, IL
Adult/Young Adult Reference Librarian—February 2002-March 2006
- Served the library needs of a diverse population of 60,000 patrons.
- Worked on the reference service desk answering questions via phone, email, and in person.
- In charge of collection development for the 000’s (generalities), 100’s (philosophy & psychology), 200’s (religion), and 300’s (social sciences).
- Worked with a 250,000 volume collection and a $130,000 materials budget.
Information Literacy Instructor
- Developed, implemented, and taught 20 different information literacy and instructional technology courses.
- Taught hands-on classes and lectures to a class size ranging from 10 to 30 students.
- Designed ready reference guides, aids, tutorials, and other computer-based instructional resources.
- Trained individuals with special needs in the use of Assistive Technologies: Dragon Naturally Speaking, Home Page Reader, ZoomText, and Read and Write Gold.
NATIONAL ARCHIVES & RECORDS ADMINISTRATION—WASHINGTON D.C.
Presidential Materials Staff
—June 2001-September 2001
- Identified and researched presidential documents.
- Aided in the preservation and cataloging of presidential gifts.
- Assisted in working with donors in the acquisition of presidential collections.
WESTERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY MALPASS LIBRARY—MACOMB, IL
—June 2001-Sept. 2001
- Worked with reference librarians in answering patron questions.
- Assisted in teaching technology seminars and the development of webpages.
- Developed ready reference user guides for databases.
- Proficient in HTML, XHTML, CSS, Dreamweaver, Expression Web, Soundbooth, Audacity, Photoshop, MySQL, Apache web server XAMPP, and Dublin Core, IPTC, and EXIF metadata.
- Proficient in Content Management Systems: Joomla, WordPress, and Blackboard.
- Proficient in asynchronous systems: Adobe Captivate, Adobe Presenter, and Camtasia Studio.
- Proficient in Content Management Systems: Blackboard, LiveText, and CAT1.
- Proficient in webinar systems: Webex, GoToMeeting, and MeetingPlace.
- American Library Association, 2001-present.
- GateNet II User Forum (library automation), 2010-present.
- Distirict 522 (library group), 2010-present
- Boy Scouts of America, Eagle Scout, 1989–1999.
- Toastmasters International, CTM/ATM, Club President (2010) Club Vice President of Education(2008), Sergeant-at-Arms (2005), 2004–present.
- Historic Saint Louis Street Association, Vice President, Board Member, 2008–present.